Saturday, February 13, 2010

A River runs through it


After we got home from the Veteran Car day I took the Vespa on a run. The 'River Run' is one of the favourite routes of the Perth Scooter Club as it's an easy and pleasant ride along some quiet winding roads and pleasant scenery. For riders in the northern suburbs it usually starts at the BP at the corner of Charles St and Scarborough Beach Road and then goes either along the coast or around the river. Southern suburbs riders usually rendezvous at E-Shed Markets in Fremantle. I live close to Fremantle so I just went straight to the Markets.

A line up Vespas

It was a beautiful day and a great ride, probably because for once I DID NOT BREAK DOWN! The Vespa ran pretty well, although I did have to do a bit of track-side maintenance on my back wheel and indicators. It was a pretty random ride and there were a couple of route changes along the way that caused some people to get lost (oops, sorry!) but all up it was a good four hours of fun and chat.


Details of rides are usually posted on the club's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/204176452972473/


Update 2012
Although I no longer ride with the Sunset Coast Scooter Club, they have a new website - http://www.sunsetcoastscooter.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment