Oddly, the manual does not provide much detail about the types of lubricating oils to be used. Fortunately Ivan Margolius' Tatraplan website provides the details:
- Brake fluid: Dot 3 yellow
- Engine oil: 9.5 litres including in the front cooler, (5.5 litres in the engine) mineral oil SAE 15W-50 or similar only, operating sump oil temperature: 60 to 75 degrees C.
- Gearbox oil: 3.5 litres, mineral oil SAE 90 or similar only (GL-4)
- Engine oil consumption: 0.2 litres per 100km
- Engine oil pressure: 4 – 5 atm. (bar)