Sunday, April 9, 2023

Classic Cars and Coffee - Sunday 2nd April 2023


Sunday 2nd April was a perfect day for classic motoring.

Back in December 2021, I loaned my Tatraplan to the Motor Museum of WA for display in their collection. The car was with them for more than a year until I collected it from them at the end of March 2023, just in time for the April Classic Cars and Coffee. 

Arriving early-ish. Despite not having been run in over 12 months, I found that the car needed no special maintenance. The brakes were good, no loss of fluid, the gearbox oil was full, the engine oil was full, the petrol pump worked - it did have a leaky seal, which I fixed before driving her - and the car started up easily. It was nice to take her out on a good drive.

I was lucky enough to get a spot where I could reverse park. The Tatra does NOT have good vision to the rear.

Skoda 100RS

Here's a real interesting car - an Auburn Speedster model 851, no less. Actually it's a replica, but a damned good looking one.

Lancia

The Kubelwagen arrives

A fine pair of Porsche 356s

I am really not sure what this is supposed to be.

Fiat 500

I think a Lincoln?

Buick

Oldsmobile

A nice old BMW

Austin Seven

MG TC

Another fine pair - Holden EKs (or is it FCs?)

Jensen SS

The little Skoda

The iconic Jaguar E-Type

The Jensen heads off

1964 Skoda Octavia

Kubelwagen and Mini Moke photographed by DJ Ferraz

A stunning Jaguar XK120 hard-top

It's not easy being green....

The next Classic Cars and Coffee is on 7 May 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment