Monday, March 2, 2009

Italian Car, Motorcycle and Scooter show


An Italian car, motorcycle and scooter show was held on Sunday 2nd of March 2009 at Mulberry Farm in Caversham (WA). Ivo had told me about it when I visited to discuss the Troll. He and Roberto were attending with a couple of scooters so I cruised down to have a look. There was an impressive cross section of vehicles - Maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, & Fiat. The Ducati club was out in force as well as a large group from the Paradise Lost Scooter Club. Here's a small selection of photos from the day.
The Paradise Lost boys line up their scooters.




The Ducati club was out in force.

I managed to have a brief chat with Ivo about the Troll. It's being sprayed this week, then it's the reassembly. Barring any unforeseen problems rearing their ugly head, it'll all be finished within about two weeks. Can't wait!!!
Update - January 2011
I first posted this entry back in February 2009 and I never got back to either update the commentary or post any additional photos. Only when I started my post on upcoming events did I go back to this entry and realized what a feeble attempt it was. So here are a few more photos for you.
If I remember rightly, this Maserati racer lived a very interesting life. It was originally built as a racecar but after its racing career was over the body was removed and replaced with a more stock sportscar body. The racer body was later found in someone's shed (as always) and then fitted with a new chassis. I think at some later point the original engine and chassis was fitted with a new reproduction of the original racer body resulting in two versions of the same car. But I may be wrong....
1964 Maserati. I was surprised how many Maseratis were on show. I didn't take that many photos though as they don't really appeal to me.

A Lancia.
An Alfa Romeo Spider. Very nice.
Fiat Spider
Fiat Abarth sports.

Classic Fiats

The belle of the ball. Isotta Fraschini
A big ol' vintage Alfa Romeo
MV Agusta
Ducattis

1 comment:

  1. Hey Paul: I think I am almost as excited as you to see the Troll done :-)

    Best wishes
    John D.

    ReplyDelete